BOOKS FOR YOU TO READ
SEND YOUR ARTICLES FOR PUBLICATION IN Christian Literature Today.
- E-mail your articles and book-length reports to email@example.com or send it by regular mail to:
M. S. Thirumalai, Ph.D.
6820 Auto Club Road #320
Bloomington, MN 55438 USA
- Your articles and booklength reports should be written, preferably, following the MLA Stylesheet.
- The Editorial Board has the right to accept, reject, or suggest modifications to the articles submitted for publication, and to make suitable stylistic adjustments. High quality, academic integrity, ethics, and morals are expected from the authors and discussants.
Copyright © 2001
M. S. Thirumalai
Christian Literature Today is a monthly online journal devoted to the worship of the Lord Jesus Christ through literature. We wish to introduce our readers to the best Christian literature in popular language. Christian Literature Today is a cross-cultural journal, focusing on Christian literature written in all the languages of the world. We learn by listening to and reading our brothers and sisters in Christ from all around the world. We believe that any creative writing with literary sensibilities that focuses on the presence and life-changing ministry of Jesus Christ is Christian literature.
- TELL ME IT'S TRUE ... A Book Of Poems by Stan Schmidt.
"So when I am dead and gone,
vacating this earthly shell
what story will they tell
will I leave behind," ...
A question that we all need to answer.
- INTO THE LIGHT . . . Sigmund Brouwer's Out of the Shadows by Swarna Thirumalai. Like most of Sigmund Brouwer's novels, Out of the Shadows is full of intrigues and plots, and portrays the unexplainable miracles that offset human courage and ingenuity. Sigmund Brouwer's novels have a serious quest as the prime mover of all events and main characters. Out of the Shadows is really a process of coming into the Light.
- WHY INCLUDE THE CREATIVE ARTS IN CHRISTIAN WORSHIP?
(A Caymanian Perspective) by Mark Minott.
The constant awareness that the Church is always competing for the lost souls is an important factor contributing to the need for additional elements in Christian Worship. This factor, coupled with visionary leadership, is the main cause of change. The individual/s who initiate changes must be able to articulate not just the vision for change but what benefits and improvement will come about as a result of the additions of new methods and material in worship.
- THE COVERS OF CHRISTIAN FICTION by Madasamy Thirumalai.
The Christian fiction covers may be viewed as consisting of four zones of communication - the title, the author, the visual, and the verbal narrative (the verbal description). The dialectic between the various pairs of combination of these four zones of communication is an interesting phenomenon to watch in any cover. This dialectic rests on the process how the artist tries to liberate himself from the binding cord of the fiction writer when he visualizes and creates the cover.
- CLEVER THIEVES AND SMART ROBBERS: SHOULD WE ADMIRE STEALING? by Pastor Harold Brokke. In recent times, we notice a spate of novels and movies that somewhat pay adulation to the characters who are thieves but are smart enough to get away with their booty. They may be depicted as good-natured people who have come into the stealing "profession" because of the circumstances that drove them to such a state of condition. ...
- WHITHER KARMA? GLORY OF THE BLUE COLLAR-WHITE COLLAR GOD by Mike Leeming. A powerful book Blue Collar God, White Collar God by Terry Esau is a great testimony to how God makes himself immanent in so many ways. Do we have ears to listen, and eyes to see, and the will to follow Him?